When you are out of On Guard+ Softgels, use this handy dandy DIY recipe to create your own while you wait for your next shipment to arrive! It is easy to make these with essential oils you probably already have in your collection! Please only use CPTG doTERRA Essential Oils for internal use/ingestion! You can tell if your CPTG doTERRA Essential Oil is safe to consume if it has a “Supplement Facts” section on the label. If you aren’t sure, ask your Wellness Advocate! This recipe is a lifesaver when I run out of On Guard+ Softgels and need one before my next shipment arrives!
DIY On Guard+ Softgels
Add ONE DROP EACH of the following ingredients to a VeggieCap for the equivalent to one On Guard+ Softgel:
Do you wish you had On Guard cleaning wipes? They are super easy to make! Who’s going to make these?
This is SUCH an easy DIY.
- Start with quality paper towels 🧻 cut the roll in half unless you’re using a tall container. You can also un-roll and fold them up to fit into an old baby wipe container. A LOT of paper towels will squeeze into a baby wipe container when they are wet, so fold PLENTY!
- in a pitcher, combine 1/2-1 cup water with 1/2 tablespoon of On Guard Cleaner. For body wipes, using Hand Wash or shampoo works great!
- Add 10-15 drops OnGuard or other cleansing oil (If you are making for cleaning surfaces, OnGuard, Lemon, Orange or Lemongrass are great! If you are making for cleaning the skin, try using Lavender, Grapefruit, Orange or some good ole On Guard!)
- Add paper towels to container and pour the mixed liquid over them. Flip if needed to disperse. If using folded paper towels, flip often and press them down then add more on top and repeat until the container is full.
- The hardest part is getting the cardboard center out if you aren’t using folded paper towels. You can do this easily by adding the roll to your container and starting with a little water in the middle. I like to do this first to not lose any oils/cleaner. Once you have the cardboard out, you’ll simply pull your wipe from the center of the airtight container!
Remember, warm water is much more pleasant to work with than chilly and cold water! If your wipes dry out a little, you can always add a little extra water (a tablespoon or two) to re-moisten. Just pull a wipe out when you need it! I like to have two wipes containers: one for surfaces and one for skin!
When you just NEED your foaming hand soap and your LRP delivery hasn’t arrived yet, there’s a DIY option! It’s almost as good as the original, but let’s be honest… nothing could ever replace doTERRA’s on Guard Foaming Hand Wash! Even so, this recipe will really work great in a pinch and these days, hand washing needs to be something we all do regularly and often, every day. Here’s that recipe to tide you over until your LRP order arrives…
DIY onGuard Foaming Hand Soap
- 2 Tablespoons of liquid castile soap (substitute any liquid soap or shampoo, natural is best)
- 1 Tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil (substitute any emollient oil like almond, avocado or castor)
- 10 drops of onGuard Essential Oil Blend
Add ingredients into any foamer pump bottle you have and shake or swirl to combine. Slowly add water to fill, leaving space at the top for the foamer pump. Swirl together gently to combine while minimizing bubbles in the bottle (don’t shake!).
To use: Pump once or twice into the palm of your hand, no water is necessary to start. Wash at least 20 seconds as normal, rinse clean and dry hands after.
In the midst of this outbreak, sanitizer has become a commodity! So much of a commodity that it is literally sold out in most stores! Never fear! doTERRA’s onGuard Sanitizing Mist is truly a pleasure to use AND it is effective, containing the amount of alcohol recommended by the CDC. You can get your onGuard Sanitizing Mist here.
Sometimes, even with the best supply chain, things still get sold out temporarily. If you can’t get your hands on sanitizing mist and need some immediately, don’t go spending hundreds on the Black Market! (Yes, there are actually people out there spending ridiculous amounts of money on tiny amounts of sanitizer…) Just make some yourself! If you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with a little DIY, here is an effective sanitizer recipe that is pleasantly moisturizing and smells great!
If you can’t get your hands on the Apple Liquid Extract or Liquid Glycerin, don’t worry! You can safely substitute Aloe Vera Juice, Aloe Vera Gel, Fractionated Coconut Oil or Castor Oil for either or both of those ingredients in this recipe.
DIY onGuard Sanitizing Mist
For each 1 oz. spray bottle (if making more than 1 oz. at a time, multiply the recipe by the number of ounces.)
- 10-15 drops of On Guard Oil Blend
- 1 teaspoon Apple Liquid Extract (substitute: aloe juice or fractionated coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Glycerine (substitute: aloe gel or castor oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled water
- fill the rest with isopropyl alcohol or 180 proof grain alcohol
Shake well and spray on hands. Rub hands together until dry.
Use your essential oils to make your own DIY soap!
Many times, you get your essential oils and then have no idea how ot actually USE them! Sure, you can learn about aromatherapy and the three main ways to use oils: topical, aromatic and internal. Still, that leaves a little Continue reading Practical Ways to Use Essential Oils: DIY Melt & Pour Soap
Many times, you get your essential oils and then have no idea how ot actually USE them! Sure, you can learn about aromatherapy and the three main ways to use oils: topical, aromatic and internal. Still, that leaves a little practical usage to be desired. Without someone there to actually show you how to do some of these practical things, it is hard to figure it out all on your own! So, I have started a series: Practical Ways to Use Essential Oils! Continue reading Practical Ways to Use Essential Oils: Making Roller Bottles & Droppers
All in all, I am very impressed with DoTerra’s onGuard Cleaner Concentrate. First, it’s all natural and non-toxic, so no need for “well-ventilated area” or protective gloves when using it. It’s safe to use around kids (even babies!) and pets. Second, it actually CLEANS. No elbow grease required. Even windows and mirrors. Even stuck-on, long neglected gunky messes were cleaned up with ease. Third, it handles EVERYTHING. One bottle of cleaner concentrate will handle cleaning up a staggering number of things: floors, countertops, tubs, showers, sinks, walls, windows, mirrors, spills, even toilets!! Oh, and it handles dishwashing with ease regardless of whether you are using a dishwasher or handwashing. And, it smells GREAT! All in all, this one cleaner concentrate can and has replaced every single cleaner product that I used to use around the house. Every single one. It’s highly concentrated so one bottle actually lasts a surprisingly long time. I made a video of using this cleaner to tackle a deep-cleaning of my stovetop that had been neglected for way too long, so check it out below… Continue reading DoTerra OnGuard Cleaner Concentrate Review & Demonstration